Monday, October 11, 2010

Senior Solo Show

I was recently talking to a friend about my senior solo show in college, so I decided to dig up some photos of it. The show was really meaningful to me and dealt with alot of personal things. I would love to have a space to exhibit it again.

The show was titled Significance. I had personal pieces about my parents divorce, my grandma's death and a boyfriend. The concept behind the show was to do work about events in my life that have made me the person I am today.

This is where the installation comes in...

The installation piece that was inspired by reading several of Frank Warren's Post Secret books along with Sophie Calle's Exquisite Pain. The installation consisted of letters that I asked strangers and friends to email or mail to me with a story about the worst day of their lives. I received forty six responses in the month that I kept the project open. I was really honored that people wanted to share their personal stories with me.

Enjoy!












** Please do not use without my permission. Thanks!**

No comments:

Post a Comment